Tuesday, July 14, 2009

it tastes like coffee

That is what I first thought of when I started drinking coffee. Coffee tastes like......coffee. It all tasted the same to me. So I would just add sugar and milk until I slowly acquired a taste for coffee. Then I started branching out, trying new things, visiting different places, and attending coffee cuppings. A coffee cupping is actually similar to what people do at wine tastings...put about 4 different coffee origins beside each other and based on the fragrance, aroma, brightness, flavor, body, and aftertaste, determine what you like best. Yes coffee can be and is that complex....at least if it is made properly. Here is a chart that people in the coffee industry use to determine different elements of coffee origins. A lot goes in to making a good cup!

1 comment:

leah said...

Dang I didn't know it was this complicated either. Unfortunately I'm not a coffee drinker, but Andrew I'm not ruling it out!! MAYBE just maybe one of y'alls cups will do it, and I'll be addicted like everyone else. But in the meantime can you make sure you have hot chocolate as well?? :)