Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Iced Coffee

Just a little heads up....I was in Wilson, NC today for a meeting and stopped in the Starbucks. I wasn't in the mood for anything hot so I just ordered a small iced coffee. The price kind of made me laugh...$2.03. If I would had ordered it hot instead of cold it would've cost $1.64. To me this is funny because it actually cost them less to make the iced coffee than to brew a hot cup. I asked them how they made their iced coffee. The lady told me they make it the same way they make their hot coffee except they just cool it over ice and put it in the refrigerator and use it the rest of the day. I smiled as she looked at me with this look as if I had just asekd a stupid question.
I smile because it doesn't make any sense to pay more for coffee that has been sitting in the refrigerator all morning, and then is poured over a half cup of ice, getting less coffee. In a lot of places they actually just put their left over coffee in pitchers and let them cool in the refrigerator. To me I should pay less when I am getting less. Just a point. From a business end I understand, they have a higher profit margin with their Iced Coffee, but come on, at least make it fresh!

We will be offering our Iced coffee fresh using a Chemex pourover.

IMG_6230

1 comment:

leah said...

Wow I'm learning a lot about iced coffee... never knew it was old coffee just refrigerated! I agree completely with your point, at least make it fresh if you are going to charge more!